Mission and Priority Areas
It is the mission of Pittsburg Unified School District to inspire our students, to ensure they achieve equity in academic excellence and to bring students closer together through shared experiences in learning. We believe the cultural diversity of our community and our youth are our greatest assets. We endeavor to bring our students to their fullest potential and to create lifelong learners who will contribute positively to the world.
We, the Pittsburg Unified School District Community of diverse scholars, families, and staff believe every scholar, every day deserves the best. Our diversity is our asset.
We recognize systemic practices have historically created inequities in our system. We stand together to intentionally and continuously identify, name, disrupt, dismantle, and replace these barriers in order to ensure equitable outcomes.
We, the Pittsburg Unified School District Community, champion safety, justice, access, systems of opportunities, identity, voice, respect, inclusion, and belonging for all.
Engaging and Rigorous Teaching and Learning
- New Math Curriculum
- Continue Focus on Writing
- Expand Art and Music Programs
- Strengthen Dual Immersion Program
- Adopt New Assessment System
Equity, Access and Success
- Early Literacy Initiative
- Extra Support for English language learners
- Expanded Learning Opportunities
- Increase Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Further Develop Career Technology Pathways, Advanced Placement Opportunities, and Career Counseling Supports
Student & Family Assets
- Broaden Restorative Justice Practices
- Enhance Parent & Family Engagement
- Add Behavior and Socio-Emotional Supports
Recruit, Retain and Support Staff
- Offer Competitive Compensation Packages
- Provide Mentors for New Teachers
- Encourage Professional Development Opportunities
- Upgrade Websites, Communications Efforts, and Marketing Materials
Facilities to Support Student Learning
- Improve Buildings and Facilities
- Transparent Budgeting
- Make Strides with Technology Infrastructure
- Expand Green Efforts and Practices throughout District